Blue Dolphin Swim Centre is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. The information collected by Blue Dolphin Swim Centre about a particular person will vary depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to:
- your name and contact details
- date of birth and gender
- emergency contact details
- bank account and/or credit card details
- payment history (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services, products and membership or personal credit information when you make payments to us)
- health information / Medical forms
- details regarding participation in our programs
- your computer IP address when visiting our website
- your image, if you are photographed or videoed at one of our venues
- if you apply for a job in one of our businesses: details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies,and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the singular purpose of providing our services to you.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, criminal record or health information.
- If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, Blue Dolphin Swim Centre may also collect sensitive information such as a person’s medical history, nationality, their ethnic background or disabilities.
- Such information will not be disclosed for any purpose other than providing services to patrons or members other than in exceptional cases such as to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety. (see below)
- You are not obliged to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in Blue Dolphin Swim Centre being unable to provide services or products to you, or progressing your interest in employment with Blue Dolphin Swim Centre.
We use your sensitive information
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties, for example purchase of a gift card. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- In the event of a medical emergency; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.